Monday, August 13, 2007

Surviving the first week ...

Today is my 2nd week in my new job, i survived a one whole week of mix of excitement and extreme boringness. Thanks to blogs reading, internet surfiing, yahoo games and my msn & yahoo messenger friends who chatted with me to keep my sanity intact.

I landed myself into another totally different world. It is exciting, but the amount of vocabularies and acronyms is almost overwhelming at first. I was given reading material, and for every page there is at least 20 or so words that I couldnt really understand. I was in a slight panicky at first. I couldnt understand what is CCY .... asked around and found out it is a short form for currency ! Imagine how dumb i felt. Then there was this CRM that kept repeating all over the documents ... which i assumed it stands for Customer Relationship Management. Only later found out how far it was from what it meant. Shit ! I am really in another planet.

Then I started an excel file and list down all the words that are Greek to me. One by one, I look them up at Wikipedia.... the best tool of the century !! After one week of slogging thru the reading materials, the words finally start to make sense. Guess what, after one week, i have a nice list of 100+ new words/acronyms. I havent done this since my primary school. Phew.... that was hard work.

Although i inevitably lost myself in the KL roads, so far i manage to make my way back home. So far, have not yet need to stop and ask the police to send me home.... heheh. Maybe i got some built-in homing device in me.

A small milestone ... but milestone nonetheless.

No comments: