Saturday, May 19, 2007

No time to rest & enjoy .... ??

I like watching movies and drama series. So long as they meet up to certain standards level, I am okay. So, one night I was watching Hong Kong drama series with my mom & dad. At the end of the one-hour, my dad let out a guilty sigh and complained.... " Sigh... i wasted one hour watching this crap. I could have done so many other things.. "

I gave him a side-way glare ... and was tempted to make a not-so-nice remark at him. But I held my tongue. He is now retired, got plenty of time on his hand, and yet he made this kind of comments. Makes me think maybe he had some obsessive compulsion thingy. He feels that he has to fully utilise every second and every minute of his life. Entertainment, like tv, radio, or cinema, dont fall under his list of "positive meaningful activities". He is compelled to slog himself on-and-on-and-on. In the process, he make others who are standing still trying to catch their breath looks like lazy bumps.

Let us all not forget that we need to rest, so that we regain energy to travel down the long journey ahead. So the chinese saying goes.

1 comment:

Fengel said...

I guess some ppl are just so result-oriented. In my younger days, I used to like playing computer games. Some of these games took a really long time (eg: weeks), so sometimes I don't finish it.

A friend always taunted me for that. His arguement was "What's the point of playing if I don't successfully complete the mission?" My response was "It's just a game that I'm playing for fun. Once it's no longer fun, there's no reason for me to play it." So there.