Sunday, July 20, 2008

What's in a mug ?


My favourite mug broke today.... sob..sob... :(

Perhaps the water was too hot, as I was holding it... it just split cleanly into 2 and crashed to the floor. I picked up the pieces, and attempted to piece it back.

My favourite mug was not just a mug. It has a Pentium 600Mhz logo printed on it. It represents a piece of my past. Those were the times when i was a rookie - idealistic, naive, honest, and trusting. Totally very green.

The mug reminded me of colleagues who were kind and helpful, and taught me how to fend for myself. I also remembered the colleagues who were bullying and abusive, who sought to make my life miserable every day. On hindsight, I am a stronger person today .... and I have them to thank for. Ever hear the line which reminds us that those who made us trip and fell, are the people who help us grow too.
Yea, I am gonna use some UHU and glue back my mug. Guess my mug wont be siting in my kitchen anymore. It will be sitting in my living room shelves for display instead. After all, I am a sentimental person.

No comments: