Sunday, January 21, 2007

Of Restaurants and croaches

Over the weekend, I had been able to find time to enjoy restaurant food. One was the Chef & Brew at Crystal Point. After we stepped in, I notice a change. We no longer had to guess if the person serving us is a waiter or waitress. They seem to be replaced by students now.

I order one of the sizzling dish, and it actually taste good. Too bad i forgot to take a pic. Well it is not the food that I am complaining about. Halfway thru eating, a big cockcroach quietly crawled up my friend's shirt. He instinctly reacted by sweeping that "Siu Keong" (a nickname for cockcroach) away.

Among my other phobias, cockcrach-phobia is one of them. I stood immediately stood up and step back a few steps. Our commotion attracted the attention of the waiters there. They quickly came by, and stared at the litte creature who was still on the floor unmoving. It is defintely not dead, dazed maybe. Well, none of them did anything until the supervisor came by. He proceed to crush the Siu Keong with his shoe and then clean away the mess.

However, despite their quick termination of the little creature, none of them offered an apology to us. Not even the supervisor. Rude bunch of ppl. Dawns to me whether this is a customer should expect from them. There are many flies, rats and croaches in the roadside stall of Penang. Can't they keep the restaurant pest-free ?

No comments: