Saturday, January 13, 2007

Good guys around...

The world is not lack of guys who are jerks, and I think many can agree to this statement. Having said that, I met two guys who are anything but what i call as nice guys.

I am usually quite an independent person, but i was feeling quite lazy to drive, and decided to get the guys to give me a lift back after annual dinner.

My friend who was the one driving, didn't even blink his eyes when I ask him if he can give me a lift on such a short notice. He didn't ask any questions at all, just a chirpy "Ok, sure". He didnt even ask where i stayed -- ( haha, who knows maybe i stay at the other end of the world). This is such a refreshing for the soul.

Nowadays, some of the normal response would be
- Where do you stay ?
- I dunno that place
- Your place is too out of the way, sorry, find someone else.

A "no questions ask" response is such a relieve.

After the function, both guys send me back to my apartment. As like many of Msia's apartment, when night falls - the two way road would become a single way road when those who don't own a carpark lot begin to park at both side of the road. Practically make it impassable to two cars, when the two cars meet from different direction, one would have to do the reversing. So .. you get how bad is the traffic condition outside my apartment.

I suggest him to drop me by the roadside, coz it is really a short walk from the road to the guard-house. They wouldn't even hear of it and insist on sending me to the doorstep. Dropping off at the guardhouse is the normal way, but the other guy colleague insist on accompany me to walk into the building, accompany me to into the lift, and see me safely go into my apartment. Wow, this is really something... and it is really touching to have someone take such effort to do that. It was not that late, not even midnight yet. See.... that are many good guys out there yet - guys who are truly gentlemen. I am not talking about guys who do it bcoz they have some sort of "personal interest" in you. These are guys who do it bcoz they feel it is the right thing to do.

In contrast, few years back I went clubbing one night with friends and drunk a little bit more than I should. The guy just drop me off at the guard-post without much thought. I struggled and stumbled towards the elevator, and finally managed to crawl back to my apartment. How I wish someone was there to hold me at that time... A simple act at times like this would have meant a lot.

No comments: