Sunday, June 1, 2008

Nothing wrong...

I pinched the entire collection of Sex & The City from a friend, and was addicted ever since. I started right from Season 1 and increasing pace until the Season 6 completed. The entire addiction lasted 3 weeks. I finished Season 1 to Season 6 in a single breath.

Hidden along the lines of comedy and sex, there was some issues that could related in real life, that touches the heart. That's why I think its so entertaining. Carrie with her Mr Big. Miranda with Steve. Samantha with Smith. Charlotte and Harry. Luckily all emotional struggle has a happy ending. I like happy endings.

For one, I think our society unfairly alienates single women, and have that attitude that she must be something wrong somewhere. I had always thought that this kind of attitude is more prevalent in Asian societies than Western societies. I've gotten all kinds of uncomfortable stares when I was eating out alone. I used to think that I'd rather starve than eat out alone. The good thing is one gradually acquire immunity over the years..... :)

After note :

A very interesting article from Newsweek worth reading. Sexism and the City : What's up with this vicious bashing of the 'Sex and the City' movie?

No comments: