Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Catching my breath


Its only the 3rd day of the second round of requirement studies, and I am almost exhausted. So thankful that tommorow is a holiday. Not that tommorow I dont need to work, but at least get to catch my breath.


In my new job, the work culture is such that a 3-hour meeting is acceptable. This kind of marathon meeting would not have been entertained in my previous workplace. Waiting 20 minutes for the attendees to arrive is a norm. Then starts off with some small talk. Then start agenda proper. Then beat around the bush a bit when asked on a very straightforward questions. Oh god, i have tons of complains !


I am used to working in fast-pace environment. With everything in slow-mo, patience is wearing thin. Feels like working in a government department or living in a underwater world. To be fair, some govt dept such as KWSP, Income Tax are pretty efficient nowadays. There is so much to do, and so little time given. Sigh....


I secretly wished everyone would walk faster, talk faster, work faster, be nicer and less sarcastic. Guess I have to tune my pace down .....



1 comment:

snowroses said...

Where is this workplace? Penang?