Thursday, June 7, 2007

A Doctor's Whining

I visited doctor today for my gastric problem. Doc was in good mood and decided to give me a long lecture on how to take care of my gastric and how not to get myself a stomach cancer.

After the long-winded lecture, and me responded mostly by nodding...Can't wait for the lecture to be over. Doc finally turn to lighter topics .. phew.

Well, I thought so many ppl out there aspires to be doctors. But my Doc started whining and complaining about his job. Doc was jealous that I am officially jobless and lazing around. For no apparent reason, he unloaded his heart's content to me - as if he desperately needed a listener to understand how much his job sucks.
  • Bcoz he got no time to go holiday even though he got loads of money. Gotta keep his clinic up and running.

  • Bcoz he gotta keep up with the reading, and attend seminars to constantly keep up with the latest medical knowledge.

  • Bcoz he is a doctor, he gotta make sure his kid is a doctor too -- you know, children are expected to carry the family legacy. So he gotta allocate enough money aside to support medical education.

  • Bcoz he has to live in a high-end residential area befitting his status as a doctor. Can't live in a little condominium coz it damage your reputation, it seems. Morever, he planned to give a house as a gift to his only child as a graduation gift. That again, of coz, have to be up-to-standards.

  • His wish is to retire early and have a nice long vacation by the beach. Wake up late every day and sip coffee by the sea.

To be honest, it sounds like bragging more than complaining.

But Doc is a nice guy, I am sure he didnt mean that way .. although it sounded to me as a bit arrogant.

I guess I just want to tell Doc ... Count your blessings !

No comments: