Sunday, September 16, 2007

How many mistakes can you make ?

For the past two weeks, my new job have moved from first gear to fourth gear. It has been both exciting and tiring. Gone are the days where i wished the clock would tick faster, and count the hours goes by.

I made a few blunders which I mentally slapped myself for. But then later, I console myself that being a newbie .... hitting a few walls is normal. No big deal as people tend to forgive you easier when you are still new. Got the "Free Out-Of-Jail" card still.... but I know the card has got a expiry date.

My ex-boss once gave me some word of wisdom - " Ask all the question you have, and make all the mistake you want during your first three months. After that, you don't have the privilege anymore."

My hubby's boss version is slightly more interesting
"Make as many mistake as you want... its all right. But make the same mistake twice, i call you an idiot'

3 comments:

Fengel said...

One thing I was recently wondering about...if you are new, should you announce upfront to colleagues that you are new? Or just keep quiet about it if they don't know. If you tell them, you get the "get out of jail free card" in case you mess up. But the con is they may have a prejudice and don't trust you. American culture esp is you should always try to market yourself.... dun be humble or put yourself down!!

snowroses said...

Fengel: I vote for keep it quiet...

purple girl said...

Agree, if I had a choice, I would vote to keep quiet too :)